Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Amen"

The Trifilio family had a WONDERFUL weekend !!! Friday night we enjoyed a fabulous dinner with the Hickey family. My husband is still talking about the yummy steaks, when I have to remind him that he doesn't talk about my meals like that ;-) Bella and Bryce had way to much fun playing on his new play set. Bella did decide to impress daddy with her new found climbing skills (courtesy of her cousin Carter no doubt), she climbed all the way up the ladder to the top of the platform. She thought it was so GREAT, that she kept doing it over and over again. What happened to the days where she just sat on the floor and was perfectly content with a rattle?


Saturday daddy participated in a HUGE CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) Drill. So Bella and I tagged along with the Hickey Family for what has now become our ritual train ride at Zube park. It was no surprise that she LOVED every second of it, and we even were able to ride twice in a row. I personally think she just loves saying choo-choo !! Saturday evening Bella had the time of her life with Grandma Bird. Daddy and mom enjoyed a FABULOUS night out with our friends, and a GREAT time was had by all. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time !!! (mental note Catch Phrase and L-C-R are games I must own) We made it home after midnight, which in a preggo's book is LATE ;-). Another BIG THANK YOU to Grandma Bird for babysitting. By the looks of the playroom, Bella and grandma played with every toy and read every book ;-) Reason number one that Bella slept in until 8am this morning and woke up this morning asking for Bird. Nothing melts my heart more to know that she loves her grandma so much. Especially to see her drop everything and run to the door when she walked in Saturday evening. As a mother it is a huge comfort to have someone you can rely on. When we leave there are no tears, just a big bye-bye to mom and dad and typically a nice shove out the door. Such Love !!! Oh..did I mention that Grandma even tackled a Bella EXPLOSION bath. BRAVE BRAVE woman.


Today...Frankie and Bella surprised mom with washing and cleaning my car. I have to admit, I think Bella mainly washed herself but she had a ball. With the 80+ degree weather she had a blast playing with daddy outside. I enjoyed some quality alone time and started my "nesting". Was it really necessary I organize under each sink in our house???? I then tortured myself in one of Kathy's classes. Have I mentioned she is the devil? I better have a six-pack by the time Little Frankie pops out. I came home to two clean cars, a sleeping child, and a surprise package of goodies from Grandma Bird for my princess. She is now the proud owner of the cutest pj's ever. We enjoyed a nice family dinner....and in true Bella fashion as we finished saying grace Bella shocked Frankie and I both with a huge AMEN !!! Which of course was then repeated for the rest of the evening. Which was even funnier when it was included with an "Ah-Man" !!




1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh my goodness!Literally, what an angel! That's amazing she has added that to her vocabulary! Looks like y'all had a fabulous weekend! And I love the part about you organizing the cabinets. If it makes you feel any better, I woke up on Saturday and was cleaning the pantry at 6 AM. No nesting involved. Just a dork.