Monday, April 14, 2008

"Ah-Man!!!"

We arrived in Fort Worth late Thursday evening. We all rushed off to bed to get some quality sleep in. I drove my mom to the hospital early Friday morning. Dad, Frankie, and Bella followed later that morning. I'm happy to report her procedure went well !!! No additional surgery was needed !!! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

The only shot my mom aloud at 5:45am !!! She was such a good sport for the blog!!

Bella gave Grandma Mia an added dose of medicine with all of her antics in the hospital room !!

Mom made it home in one piece and we all assisted in helping her recuperate over the weekend. She is still in a bit of a hussy since she can't drive for another seven days :-( Saturday & Sunday was full of excitement as Dad and Frankie worked ALL day outside both days assembling their new fence. I've never been more proud...Bella and I even chipped in to help on Saturday. It still amazes me that my own child knew what to do with a hammer and wrench-thingy. She enjoyed being outside and exploring. By the end of the afternoon she was COVERED in MUD. We did have a "pondering" moment of the weekend. We turned our back on my little angel for a second, I turn around and find her my parent's patio holding something. I run(ok waddle) for a closer inspection to see that my child has somehow found a Blue Jay's egg and has smashed it in her hands and rubbed them all over the patio. Now as many of you know my child is VERY allergic to egg, sooo.....do Blue Jay's eggs count? I didn't care...she was immediately doused with the water hose and escorted inside for a bath and a dose of Benadryl. Thankfully no reactions were accounted for !! I guess we will never know what came first the Chicken or the Blue Jay egg?!?!?!

My sister and mother took great pleasure in Bella this weekend and her ability to transition into a parrot. Her new favorite NON-STOP phrase "Ah-Man"...and the more my family laughed with her the more she gave a performance. It was a truly comedic site...if only it would have stopped there. Imagine a four hour drive home today...with "Ah-Man" coming out of your child's mouth every two seconds. Her Auntie Na-Na surprised Bella with Bubbles, so we spent most of the day Sunday listening to "Mine Bubbles"...(Yes, we are still practicing on sharing)!! and if it was suggested otherwise that was immediately followed up with an "Ah-Man!" !!! How my little angel is growing up with such a personality!! Who would of thought....


We love mud..Dada was so proud !!!

We love tools...Dada was even more proud....

On a special note Bella had her first hair-cut on Saturday. I'm happy to report it went surprisingly GREAT !! She was able to watch Dora and couldn't have been happier. The hair dresser was even kind enough to let Bella stand-up and look around while her hair was being cut. Our fingers are crossed now that she had a little trim that it will really start to grow-in !!!


Before the hair cut began....

The Dora DVD was just put in...Bella is VERY excited !!!

She wanted to watch the other kiddos behind us....

almost done ;-) we now have Dora and a comb..she was in her happy place !

5 comments:

scrappingaggie said...

So glad that all went well with your mom. And what a good sport was she to let you take pics of her in the gown--

That's great that Bella's first haircut was nothing like cousin Carters experience ;) Can't wait to see a pic of Bella's new 'do!

I just love the outside pics in the mud-- what a cutie!

Kim said...

Bella did an amazing job at her first haircut! She already understands the importance of maintaining style. :) Looks like y'all had a great time in Fort Worth with mud, mom and ah, man!

kris said...

happy to hear the news about your mom! my mom would have shout me if i posted pics of her in her hospital glory!!

I like the fact that you are wearing the smock for her haircut!

I told you Chase and Bella make a great pair - he would be HER assistant! Don't tell Curtis I said that, but he would agree - however you can get a girl with tools to play with you,all is well in you're world

ah, man - gotta run! love the pics of her in the mud too!

mary said...

Look I cannot believe you posted that awful pic of me. You are sooooo lucky that I love you more than life itself.....or you might not have one. Isn't my angel baby the sweetest girl in the world I mean....ah mannnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you all and thank you for the sacrifices made to check on me. Love and kisses Momma

Melanie said...

Hey, what can I say? I'm a deliriously happy auntie, and if I have to get whooped in Scrabble, then I can teach Bella important linguistic skills....such as "ah, man!" At least I didn't teach her "no way!" or something rotten...it was wonderful to have you all here - can't wait to see you all again soon!