Monday, June 9, 2008

Baby Frankie is here !!

OK...I finally have a second to post !! Our son Frank C Trifilio III has arrived. (and Yes! the name was changed last minute at the hospital) He was born June 4, 2008 at 3:16pm 6lbs 2ounces and 19.5in long. He looks JUST LIKE his big sister (except his mouth is a bit smaller and he is quite a bit darker than Bella). He was born with a head full of Black curly hair, and daddy couldn't be more proud of his clone army. For the curious ones our Baby Frankie birth story... I was sent straight to the hospital after my OB appt. on Tuesday the 3rd due to high blood pressure and high blood sugar readings. (with a slight detour to Jennifer's to drop off my little princess) After a long night of tests, my OB decided to induce immediately with Cervadil Tuesday evening and Pitocin Wednesday morning. It was a long morning at noon I was only dilated to 1.5cm. My poor husband had to deal with a not happy contraction hating wife, while we waited for my epidural. I was dilated to 5cm when I finally got my epidural. The anesthesiologist was taking so long because 2 sets of twins were being delivered at the time my epidural was requested. The rest was a breeze and a blur! At 2pm, I was dilated to 6cm, and at 3:16pm, Baby Frankie was born after 5 pushes! I felt wonderful afterwards, and Baby was perfect. It was an amazing experience! We were able to come home Thursday evening, and have been settling into glorious family routine. My mom and sister are still here giving several helping hands which Daddy and Bella are loving!! Bella is being spoiled rotten by her aunt, and Frankie is being spoiled rotten by my mom. Life just doesn't get any better....After the past few days at home with our son, things couldn't be more perfect. He is SOOOOO MELLOW !!! He is nursing every 2-3 hours and sleeping great !! Bella is adjusting great to being a big sister. She does not like it when "bubba" cries, but loves to help with his hat, pacifier, and blankets. This has been such a completely different experience than with Bella. I know alot of it is due the birth situation with Bella, but also things just seem so much easier the second time around. Frankie, Bella, and I are just over the moon with our new family, and can't wait to keep everyone posted on "Growing Up Trifilio!".

Update: Frankie had a doctor's appointment this morning and he is up to 5lbs 11ounces !! and we are awaiting the results of bilirubin tests. The doctor thinks he may be a teeny bit jaundice, the blood work will be back this afternoon.



4 comments:

scrappingaggie said...

Oh Amy- he is absolutely beautiful! He is just precious! We cannot wait until we get to see him. We are so glad everything went smoothly and that everyone is doing well.
Please give Bella and Frankie big hugs and kisses from us-
Love-
N,C,K,C

VNG said...

Congrats you guys! He looks just like Daddy w/ all that hair! I wish we could go visit some time. Glad Bella is taking everything in so well. She'll be a big help, too.


Love ya!

annemarie said...

Such a beautiful family - little Frankie is beautiful or I guess I should say handsome! I can only imagine how proud all of you are of your new son. Best wishes - Anne

Sarah said...

Wow - so wonderful. It sounds crazy to me to hear someone say "up to 5lbs 11oz" that just seems so tiny. Can't wait to get to see him.