Let me take you back in time a few days...Tuesday night: "Frankie what is that smell?" " I don't smell anything, it's just your pregnancy nose in overdrive!" Repeat conversation for Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Thursday afternoon Bella and I return from our Stroller Walk with our playgroup to the smell. I can now affectionately say that I have become OBSESSED with the smell. Bella and I "play" a game, where we crawl around on all fours sniffing every section of carpet I can find. (Yes ! She had a blast watching mom act like a mad woman) YIPPEE !! I located the area, but it appears to be a foot wide midsection area on the wall??? That can't be...I call Frankie "I think something has died in the wall!" "NO!! Your crazy..I'll take care of it when I get home." Bella and I wait and wait and wait for Frankie to come home to a raving mad-woman who can not get this smell out of her head. Bella is now ready for double the fun as now mom and dad are crawling around on the floor sniffing the carpet/walls. Ahhh HA !! He FINALLY smells it !! "Oh..it's nothing just something spilled on the counter" He proceeds to clean it and we move on with the evening. Mad woman returns "I STILL SMELL IT" !! After much mad woman complaining I sent him up into the attic and.....YES !! You've guessed we have a non-removable dead rat in our wall. YES !! I knew I was right !! Frankie "I'll take care of it this weekend" "WHAT !! I have to continue to smell that smell all day tomorrow????"
Present Time: After multiple calls to pest control companies, family members, and anyone else who would listen to me. We have to "wait it out" or guess the exact location of the rodent (We did receive some helpful tips on how to eliminate the odor) and cut the wall out. At this point that isn't an option, but mad woman may return over the weekend with a sledge hammer and "Trifilio Home Makeover" Edition may arrive !! Stay Tuned !!
Oh--Did I mention my parent's were coming into town this weekend !! This should be great dinner table conversation !!
Now this blog is suppose to be about the kids, so Bella and Little Frankie are doing great !!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I really the smell.....nothing is worse than a smell you can locate. And you know what a sensitive sniffer the ol Momma has. I think the air and removal of that nasty insulation will do the trick. And I am glad that growing up TRifilio is such a blast!!!!
Love, hugs and kisses to all,
Momma
Glad you started the blog! I was hoping you would :)
Now I have to go get the image of a dead rat in the wall out of my mind ;)
This is so exciting! Not the rat part, but your blog! Woo Hoo! Perhaps I should buy the movie Ratatouille for Bella. :/
Post a Comment