Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

We wrapped up our week celebrating daddy's birthday !!! Frankie's 32nd birthday was on Saturday. The kids and I finished up our shopping on Friday while Frankie was in a training class. Mental note don't turn your back on Isabella when you are in Hallmark. We ended up having to purchase a new stuffed Ballerina Bunny, a pack of Little Mermaid stickers and two Mickey cards for daddy. Did I mention all items were either crumpled or "kissed" !!! Ahhh..the joys !! We came home wrapped presents, hung the birthday sign, and practiced singing Happy Birthday. My parents also came into town this weekend to help celebrate Frankie's birthday. Frankie of course enjoyed to the fullest; whenever my mom is in town that means Frankie doesn't lift a finger. On Saturday Frankie enjoyed home cooked meals, long naps, and having his every need catered too. Frankie's mom and dad came over for dinner as well on Saturday and a great time was had by all. Bella of course enjoyed showing off for all the family as usual. Her new favorite of the week has been to show off her "Tap" moves "march, march, march" and her "Ballet" moves "toe, toe, toe" Baby Frankie loved all the extra cuddles this weekend and he is still doing really well. He woke up a few times at 3am to eat, but aside from that his sleeping/eating patterns are going great !!

Bella had her official second day at school today and NO TEARS !!! She did great today and Mrs. Kama said she really showed her stuff during music class. I have to admit I really enjoy the special time I'm having with Baby Frankie even if it is extra rocking while he is sleeping.

Not a ton going on this week, mostly due to the fact I'm back to being a single parent. Frankie was home for a couple of evenings last week and it was heaven. I was able to workout and get a bit of free time to myself yesterday. Well that is out the window now that Ike is knocking on our door. Pray that he goes elsewhere and that we can continue to enjoy the gorgeous weather we've been having here in Houston.

Have a great week!

Oh~Aunt Nicole we decided on Bella's costume. She is going to be a frog. I'll send you a pic ;-)

2 comments:

scrappingaggie said...

The tap outfit is just too adorable! I can't wait to see her tapping moves :) Glad she is really enjoying school--

Looking forward to seeing the pics of the frog costume. What is Baby Frankie going to be? We are still going with Super Mario and his trusty sidekick Luigi over here.

Love, Nicole

Sarah said...

Those pictures of the ballet outfit are too cute. I can't wait to see her show off her stuff.