As most of you know, Frankie works for the City of Houston Office of Emergency Mgmt. so he was activated a week before the storm hit. That means he was 24/7 lock down and we haven't seen him since. In all honesty we have seen him a handful of times when he has come by the house for more clothes etc., and as of Sunday he can come home to sleep at night YEAH! We are so very proud of him and everything he is doing for our community. But we miss him terribly especially Bella. She doesn't understand why Daddy isn't home....it breaks my heart to hear her crying for him. Hopefully this too shall pass, and everything will be back to normal soon.
After the storm we are all desperately trying to get back into our routine. A bit more difficult since I brought home two sick babies from Fort Worth. Bella is finally doing better, but baby Frankie is still not feeling well. Bella went back to school yesterday, which was wonderful and she was an angel! She returns to ballet on Thursday and hopefully we will be able to make some play dates next week.
Bella is changing literally every day, she went on a spurt last week and had to have learned at least twenty new words. It still amazes me what comes out of her mouth. I love every second with her. I know school is really helping her as well. I work with her on a regular basis regarding colors, shapes, etc., but I never knew if it was really sinking in. Well just this past week she walks right up to me and says "mama you have a blue shirt!" YEAH !! She still loves to dance, play, and be one big ball of fun. She also is getting very attached to her "baby boy", and loves to cuddle him everyday. My little man is a rolling machine and he is hands down the best baby. He only cries if he needs something. Makes my like so much easier!!! He loves to smile and laugh and he continues to melt my heart everyday. If only he would start sleeping through the night again....
Thank you all again for the thoughts and prayers during Hurricane Ike!


4 comments:
I CANNOT imagine going through all of that without my hubby. You are one strong girl to be able to handle those little babies on your own. I'm happy to hear Frankie is coming home soon. Hopefully he won't have to endure any more this hurricane season.
I am glad things are starting to get back to normal for you guys. I love the pictures. It looks like baby Frankie is getting some squeezable cheeks-- too cute!
Give a big hug to Bella and Frankie for us :)
I'm glad you guys are all safe!
Amy! I LOVE your new haircut!!! Very Cute!
I really like your hairstyle in that photo with baby frankie!!
Post a Comment