WOW! What a week! Our week started off by Frankie getting activated due to the storm Edouard on Sunday evening. Meaning Good-bye Frankie and Hello single parenthood, my poor husband worked VERY late every night and went in VERY early every morning. None of us saw him coming or going :-( Bella went through terrible Daddy withdrawals. I tried to keep us as busy as possible, considering it was pouring outside. Monday the kids and I packed up and went to the store and stocked up on the non-perishable items, packed away all the outside toys/cushions, and waited for the storm to blow in on Tuesday. Tuesday we spend the day inside playing and cuddling. Thankfully we didn't see much of the wind damage, but it rained and rained all day. The rest of the week we stuck close to home and made sure the evenings were open for quality daddy time !! We had a great play date at a friends house on Thursday. Friday was Frankie's day off and he woke up and picked up Bella and they spent the whole day together, they went out to lunch, went to his office, went to grandpa Freckle's office, and the store if it is possible I think daddy had more fun than Bella. Bella and baby Frankie's grandma bird came over Friday night !!! But our TONS OF FUN was yesterday. Our playgroup had a family play date at one of our members parent's farm. WE HAD A BLAST !! Bella LOVED all the cows, horses, donkeys, dogs etc., her and daddy fished together at the pond. We had a cookout and topped the day off with a hayride. It was absolutely wonderful. Baby Frankie loved being outside snuggled in someones arms. I forgot my camera, but hopefully someone will send me some pictures soon. It was so nice to not only have all the mom, all the kids, but the dads there as well. We can't wait to go again !!! Obviously today we are taking it easy and getting in some extra rest.
On the home front Baby Frankie is now officially 2 months old, and has rolled over once already. He is cooing and smiling tons now !! I just love every second of it. Bella is doing great, she is talking up a storm and having fun playing with her baby brother. She is actually putting sentences together, which still just amazes Frankie and I. Then she drops bombs on us, which makes a wonder where she gets it from. Her sentence of the week..."mama is a woman!" ??? and our sad sentence of the week she called her daddy at work "Daddy come back and get baby girl in truck-truck". Can you believe she will be two in a couple of months?
We have another busy week full of play dates and preparing for tax-free shopping !!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you have Frankie back! It can be really tough when they are gone!
I hope that you're going to come to dinner on Thurs!
We should plan that mom's night out and AWAY soon!
Post a Comment